A Haringey Liberal Democrat campaign to stop the use of single-use plastics by Haringey Council has succeeded after a meeting of the Cabinet finally approved an action plan on the issue.
Haringey Lib Dem Spurs fans are calling on their club’s management to waive a £30,000 bill for hosting a food bank. During the early stages of the Covid-19 lockdown, Haringey Council ran an emergency food distribution hub from the car park of the team’s stadium. Press reports indicate that as a result, the club is charging the Council for cleaning and security costs.
Our fortnightly COVID-19 update for the 31st July includes:
Haringey & London Response Update
- Haringey's weekly COVID-19 figures
- Community Organisations Support Grants
- Good Thinking - Digital Mental Wellbeing in London
- Parking Permits - issues and feedback
- Silver Active
- Update Libraries
- Care homes visits to restart
- Pavement licenses for Haringey businesses
- Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and council managed sports courts
- Places of worship security funding
- Haringey Book of Remembrance launched
- Tesco Bags of Help COVID-19 Communities Fund
- Local Food Banks still require urgent donations
- Volunteering opportunities for local residents
- Telephone befriending service
- Our Haringey Giving appeal
- How you can contact us
National Response Update
- Face masks and coverings update
- Eat Out to Help Out discount scheme launches on Monday
- Upcoming changes to lockdown
- Self-isolation period extended
- Spain removed from travel corridors exemption list
- Flu Vaccine programme to be expanded this winter
Opposition Lib Dem councillors are urging Haringey Council to immediately follow the lead of their neighbours in Camden and crack down on estate agents' boards.
Labour councillors have voted down a proposal by Lib Dem councillors to ensure that contracted care workers have the same entitlement to sick pay as Council staff. They opted instead to write a letter to the Government on the issue.