Councillors have voted to tell the Government, Met and Mayor of London to keep live facial recognition out of Haringey.
Two Lib Dem councillors from Haringey are supporting a major new campaign to redress racial bias in education.
Our fortnightly update for the 3rd July includes:
Haringey & London Response Update
- Update on COVID-19 "spike" in Haringey
- Haringey's Outbreak Management Plan
- Reopening Haringey's Sports Courts
- Businesses urged to keep following COVID-19 guidance
- Haringey businesses warned over COVID-19 testing scam
- Update on Libraries
- Support for those at risk of domestic abuse
- Reminder that Parking Enforcement set to resume imminently
- Congestion Charge changes
- Celebrating Haringey's unsung Heroes
- Local Food Banks still require urgent donations
- Volunteering opportunities for local residents
- Telephone befriending service
- Our Haringey Giving appeal
- How you can contact us
National Response Update
- Changes to lockdown - from 4 July
- Updated social distancing guidance - from 4 July
- Shielding update - including translations and accessible formats
- New legislation set to be passed by Government for outside dining
- The NHS is open to support you
- Marie Curie Bereavement support
- MOT testing to be reintroduced
Luke Cawley-Harrison is the new Leader of Haringey Liberal Democrats.
Haringey should honour Sir Dadabhai Naoroji MP, generally considered to be the first Indian and non-white person elected to the House of Commons, according to opposition Lib Dem councillors.
A delay of two weeks and counting in appointing a key Cabinet position is creating a leadership vacuum at a crucial time, warn Haringey Lib Dem councillors.