Councillors have voted to tell the Government, Met and Mayor of London to keep live facial recognition out of Haringey.
Two Lib Dem councillors from Haringey are supporting a major new campaign to redress racial bias in education.
Our fortnightly update for the 3rd July includes:
Haringey & London Response Update
- Update on COVID-19 "spike" in Haringey
- Haringey's Outbreak Management Plan
- Reopening Haringey's Sports Courts
- Businesses urged to keep following COVID-19 guidance
- Haringey businesses warned over COVID-19 testing scam
- Update on Libraries
- Support for those at risk of domestic abuse
- Reminder that Parking Enforcement set to resume imminently
- Congestion Charge changes
- Celebrating Haringey's unsung Heroes
- Local Food Banks still require urgent donations
- Volunteering opportunities for local residents
- Telephone befriending service
- Our Haringey Giving appeal
- How you can contact us
National Response Update
- Changes to lockdown - from 4 July
- Updated social distancing guidance - from 4 July
- Shielding update - including translations and accessible formats
- New legislation set to be passed by Government for outside dining
- The NHS is open to support you
- Marie Curie Bereavement support
- MOT testing to be reintroduced
Luke Cawley-Harrison is the new Leader of Haringey Liberal Democrats.
Haringey should honour Sir Dadabhai Naoroji MP, generally considered to be the first Indian and non-white person elected to the House of Commons, according to opposition Lib Dem councillors.
A delay of two weeks and counting in appointing a key Cabinet position is creating a leadership vacuum at a crucial time, warn Haringey Lib Dem councillors.
After two years as Leader of the Haringey Lib Dem Council Group, and three years as the Group’s Deputy Leader before that, next month I will be stepping down as Leader of the Opposition in Haringey. I have made this decision now as family reasons have made it increasingly difficult for me to balance the additional responsibilities being Group Leader brings.